Dr. Ingrid H. H. Zabel
All images in this chapter are available for free download.
- Separate images (.zip; 25.7 MB)
- PowerPoint file (.pptx; 22.3 MB)
- What is Mitigation?
- Climate Change Mitigation Strategies
- Summary and Additional Resources
- Activities for Climate Change Mitigation Chapter
Image above: Wind turbines off the coast of Denmark. Photograph by Kim Hansen via Wikimedia Commons (CC BY-SA 3.0 license)
One critical way we can respond to human-caused climate change is by mitigating it, that is, taking action to reduce our emissions of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. This chapter discusses climate change mitigation, its connection with climate change adaptation, and a variety of strategies that countries, communities, businesses, organizations, and individuals can employ.
Next: What is Mitigation?